Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thanks for helping contribute to an awesome New Orleans music project! "Electronola - An electronic gumbo of New Orleans music"



UPDATE: As you can see in the above widget, Earl has successfully raised the fundage needed to make the Electronola album a reality! Thanks to all who kicked in a bit to make it happen!

My mang Earl (aka Madd Wikkid) needs your support in order to make this project a reality...

here's the copy verbatim from Earl's project pitch:


For a long time I've been living a double life: as "The Madd Wikkid", a producer of electronic music, and as a recording engineer for live bands, particularly traditional New Orleans jazz. After years of formulating how to pull it off, it's finally time for these worlds to collide.

This project is for funding to bring even more of the veteran New Orleans musicians into the studio to impart their sound to these tracks. From there I'll weave what they do into something that I hope will sound simultaneously new and timeless - electronic dance music with the classic flavor of New Orleans.

New Orleans has been known as a hotbed of fantastic music for over a century. What's more, there's something uniquely awesome about the way New Orleans musicians play - it's funky, loose, and delightfully expressive and raw. Nobody plays like they play down here. My years as a performer and engineer have put me in the loop with a lot of these top notch cats who play with that authentic New Orleans flavor. My rolodex is swollen with badass musicians. I think I'm an excellent candidate to trailblaze that unique vibe into the electronic music realm.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: